I have to be honest, most of what happened during the taping of seasons 7 & 8 of the show is an absolute blur. Perhaps it's because we shot 26 episodes in 9 studio days; or that my kids respective birthdays are a week before and 2 weeks after Christmas and celebrations have thuslyensued; or maybe because we're prepping for the fact that the moment the mistletoe dries up, I'll be on a plane pretty much for the entirety of the next two months promoting Knitty Gritty Knits, The Vickie Howell Collection, The Superbowl Sunday Knitty Gritty Marathon and shooting a new DIY special. Who knows, really? I think though, that I was in a fugue state for most of those weeks of pre-production and taping.
Here are a few things I do remember, though:
1. Being out sarcasmed (let's pretend that's a real word) by the Yarn Harlot
2. Cookie giving me this look every time she had nothing to say.
3. Being given the most amazing gift bag extravaganza, ever (more on this later), by Scout (aka Jamie Dixon)
4. Having an continuity issue from past seasons pointed out to me, by an 11 year old Knitster.
5. Working with the most kick-ass production staff ever.
6. Stephen from HizKnits doing the splits on the studio floor, solely for our entertainment.
7. Meeting the gals from the San Diego Craft Mafia.
8. Running into both Amy Singer and Cecily Keim while I was visiting Suss at her shop.
9. Learning how to do hairpin lace from Jennifer Hansen (who, last year, also
taught me to Tunisian crochet).
10. Dressing up as a Jedi for a Knit Bit about light-up knitting needles.
For a more thorough account of KG production events, check out my photo album!
Ok, I'm off to finish my Christmas shopping. If you're feeling crafty and have the time to buckle down and knit or crochet for the next day or two, might I suggest making my Daisy Chain scarf from the Current Issue of Crochet Today
Or a mistake rib scarf like this one I just made for my brother in Noro Kureyon.
Here's how: Using size 10 1/2 needles, CO 31 sts. Work in K1, P1 ribbing to last 3 sts. K2, P1. Repeat every row. BO in mistake rib.
Good luck with Holiday preparations. Merry, Merry!